Would you like to become a part of this vibrant, celebratory event? We would love to have you join the festival this year as a volunteer! We have volunteering opportunities for both individuals and large groups. If you’re interested, you can view a list of all volunteering positions and sign up here.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!
Solar Derby Volunteer
Solar Derby Volunteers will be assisting at the derby track, helping children and parents, and keeping the area clean and kid-friendly.
Festival Set-Up Volunteer
Festival Set-Up volunteers will be responsible for helping set-up barricades, banners, signs, tables, chairs, and supplies prior to the opening of the festival.
VIP Tent Volunteer
VIP Tent Volunteers will be responsible for the comfort of musicians during the festival. Specific responsibilities include:
• Replenishing VIP tent food and water supply when necessary
• Keeping VIP tent clean and organized
• Assisting with unloading musicians’ equipment and setting up the stage
• Assisting with breaking down the stage at the end of each performance
• Assisting with any musician or VIP special requests
Water Tent Volunteer
The Water Tent Volunteer will help with water sales during the festival. Attendees can either bring their own containers and get water for free, or purchase a water cup for $2. Water Tent Volunteers will be responsible for:
• Making sure anyone with their own container knows they can get water for free
• Managing cup sales
• Helping troubleshoot any problems that arise in the water tent during the festival
• Being polite and respectful to festival attendees and customers
Recycling/Trash Station Volunteer
Recycling/Compost/Trash Station Volunteers will be responsible for coordinating recycling, composting, and trash to ensure the cleanliness of the festival. Specific responsibilities include:
• Making sure festival attendees separate recycling, compost, and trash products appropriately
• Emptying recycling and trash receptacles
• Transporting full bags of recycling, compost, or trash to off-site receptacles
• Keeping the festival grounds clean and free of trash
• Be knowledgeable and able to talk to festivalgoers about recycling in New Orleans
Volunteer Tent Assistant
The Volunteer and Info Tent Assistants will be responsible for the comfort of volunteers during the festival. Specific responsibilities include:
• Guiding volunteers to their assigned locations
• Answering questions of volunteers when they arrive
• Replenishing volunteer food and beverage supply when necessary
• Keeping the volunteer tent clean and organized
• Be polite and considerate to all festival volunteers and attendees
• Answer attendees questions about the festival
• Act as the keeper of the First Aid kit and provide it if necessary
Beverage Tent Volunteer
Beverage Tent Volunteers will be responsible for taking money and drink tickets, serving beverages, and selling Bucket Brigade buttons and t-shirts, which will also be available at the beverage tent. Volunteers should be polite and respectful of customers and be fully committed to promoting an enjoyable festival experience.
If you are interested in any of these positions, click here to sign up!